The Perfect Waffles for a Saturday Morning

Maybe its just me but some weeks, when all I want to do is make it to the weekend, I like to pass the time by imagining what I will make for breakfast when Saturday finally does come along. And this week's forecast are these Whole Wheat Waffles with some peanut butter topping.

I feel like breakfast helps set the tone for the day and on weekends I like to make a little something special to celebrate. Not only are these waffles super quick and easy to make, but their healthy to boot!

Whole Wheat Waffles

1 Egg
1 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (I prefer to use Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
1 1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon 

1. In a medium bowl, combine the egg, honey, milk and coconut oil. Mix until semi-smooth.
2. Add in baking powder, sat, and cinnamon.
3. Slowly stir in the flour and mix until mostly smooth. There will probably still be some lumps, but that's OK - trust me. :)
4. Pour mixture into waffle maker and cook until you're happy with the texture.

This recipe is also great to use as a base for some of the fancier waffles recipes. Try adding in some fresh blueberries, unsweetened coconut flakes, or even chocolate chips! These waffles will go perfectly with just about any topping you can imagine.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts