Workout Pants You'll Love!

Hello again all! Sorry for the online silence, my day job was getting a little hectic. But I'm back with a piece I hope you love!
No matter where you are in your fitness routine (just starting, making progress, maintenance) it can be difficult to find the right gear. I can't tell you how many pants, tops, or sports bras I've gotten only to be disappointing when I finally wear them for a workout. My shape (bigger booty and legs, smaller waist, and bigger bust) is not the shape most workout gear is made for - and pants can be especially tricky for me to find. Sometimes they're too tight in the thighs and yet too loose in the waist, sometimes they fit great but just wont stay on my booty when I'm in a deep squat, and sometimes they highlight my sweat in the most awkward of places.

I know I can't be the only one who runs into this problem, but anytime I did a search for "workout pants reviews" or "best workout pants" I just kept getting reviews done by fitness magazines or clothing companies. I wanted to hear from real women! So I asked the girls at my gym if they'd be willing to tell me share their favorite brands and a few amazing ladies said yes! HUGE thank you to Liz, Diane, and Erica! (You ladies rock!)

Old Navy's Active Wear line - Diane Standring
($20 - $30)
Buying the right pair of exercise pants can be tough.  The right length, fit, and material all come into play when you want to focus on working out, not worrying about your gear.  Right now, my favorite work-out wear comes from Old Navy’s Active Wear line.  In particular, I love their high waist crop work-out pant.  It’s a blend of polyester and spandex that washes well and keeps its shape.  The higher waist is comfortable helps to keep the pants from sagging or revealing parts of your body you may prefer to keep hidden.  The reinforced waist fits snug and comfortably and has a small rear pocket perfect for keys or a cell phone.  I recommend buying one size smaller than usual as they run a tad big and will stretch out a bit after many wears and washes.  Overall, this is a versatile and comfortable exercise pant!

Danskin - Erica Moreno
($20 - $60)
I bought 3 pairs of Danskin brand compression pants. They are the same cut, high waist and broad wide waist band. Because of the fat around my waist and years of pants cutting into my waist creating a second day roll around my midsection, it is harder for me to find workout gear that will stay on while I am active. I have found that these Danskin are FABULOUS!! It goes up high enough to cover my belly button, so while I may be jumping or squatting, I am very confident that they are not going anywhere. I began a 1/2 marathon training and for my long distance days, I wear them. The downside.. Because of the wide elastic band, over time it does fold over on itself, but it still doesn't roll down. So that's a bonus! Another downside, I have only found them in black. The upside, they come in black so it matches everything!
 
Athleta Be Free Leggings - Liz Olson
($50-$80)
When I started working out at 5am Kaia classes this winter it was time to invest in some more long work out pants to keep me warm.  I’m also a runner so I always look for
pockets in my pants to stash keys, food, etc.  Most pants I found only have the little key pocket in the waistband.  I was SO excited to find the Athleta Be Free leggings that have stretchy pockets on the sides AND a zipper pocket on the back!  The side pockets lay flush when there’s nothing inside so still feel sleek & cute.  These pockets are big enough to enclose my iPhone completely with the top elastic opening securing it inside so I can run without worrying it’s going to pop out.  The quality of the fabric makes them so comfy I want to wear them all day!  They are on the expensive side (~$75 for the full
length, $65 for the capri length), which I’m fine with for 1 or 2 pairs but I was trying to stock up.

So I started thinking, Athleta is owned by the same company as Old Navy… maybe their leggings are just as good?  So I went by and of course they were having a crazy good sale and had lots of different colors, patterns, sizes, styles.  The fabric is different than Athleta, a little thinner, but still good quality and it doesn’t ball up after a few washes.  The Old Navy pants don’t have the pockets that got me so excited for the Athleta ones but they’re great for my Kaia workouts & yoga.  Cost was closer to $30 for full length, $25 for capri length (even less with sale discounts).  The best part of both these pants/brands is that they stay in place no matter what workout I’m doing.  I have some Northface pants that I love to run in but quickly realized I was giving anyone behind me a plumber’s-wink during exercise classes (sorry ladies!).  So if you want to keep your crack to yourself & feel fabulous doing any type of exercise, Athleta/Old Navy are the way to go!

Scorpio Sol & Old Navy - Katelyn Niel
($20 - $40)
 As I mentioned before, I have tried so many brands - especially when it comes to workout pants. I've tried JCPenny's line, which were comfy but I sweat right through them every time. I've tried Target's Champion pants, which are OK but always seem a little pricy for what I'm getting. Heck, I've even bought a bunch of capris from Costco!

My favorite random find happened at Marshall's. I tried on a pair of these incredibly comfy yoga leggings by Scorpio Sol - and they fit PERFECTLY! I got home that night and tried looking them up to see if I could buy 10 more pairs, but they are no where to be found! (Seriously, if you have an in with whoever owns that company send them my way; I want to own everything they make.)
My second favorite has to be the Old Navy Active Wear line. Seriously comfy capris that fit my booty like a glove. Some of their pants are a little too thin (and see-through) for me, but I've had enough luck that I'll still recommend them to anyone who asks. And you really can't argue with that price!

Have a favorite brand that we haven't even mentioned? Shoot me an email! I love finding about new workout gear!

Comments

  1. i have been looking for these amazing scropio sol shorts i also got at marshalls! i live in these things! i haven't found the company though... have you? you aren't kidding when you say they're impossible to find. mollywilt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Scorpio sol at my local Tj Maxx-tons of them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Ashley!! I'll have to stop by my local TJ Maxx, wearing my Scorpio Sols as we speak! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. Men's Workout Clothing Deals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the company who makes Scorpio Sol. I've been searching for them too! It's called Glyder: http://work-sweat-play.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking nice gym workout wear and I like your fashionable dress thanks for sharing. gymwear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts