Chicken Stir Fry: A (Almost) Clean Eating Recipe

Recently, I've been trying to change my focus about healthful eating. Yes, calories matter, but I truly believe that the quality of those calories matter much more than the quantity. My body handles 300 calories of french fries much differently then it would handle 300 calories of oatmeal with fresh berries. And so, I've really been trying to focus on eating real foods, and striving for a mostly clean diet. It doesn't always end up perfect, but I figure its the effort that counts.

Enter my (Almost) Clean Chicken Stir Fry. Not only is it super yummy, but it only took my about 15 minutes to throw together on a weeknight. I modified the recipe from one I found on He and She Eat Clean (Check out their site, its full of delicious ideas!).

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Chicken Stock
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Optional)
6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Cup Carrots, Thinly Sliced
2 Cups Broccoli
1.5 Cups Shredded Chicken (pre-cooked)



Instructions:
1. Sauteed veggies in chicken broth (or olive oil if needed) until desired consistency
2. Add in chicken and spices
3. Enjoy!

The recipe makes about 2 servings and has about 215 calories for each serving. Want something on the side? Get your rice cooker ready before you start the stir fry. That way the rice can cook without you having to focus on more than one task at a time. Yum!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts